Social media has completely changed the way business is being conducted. A recent study found that nearly 80 percent of consumers would be more inclined to buy more often in the future because of a brand’s presence on social media. Therefore, knowing how to utilize social media is very important. If you’re looking to either implement or enhance your online marketing strategy, we’ve included some tips on how to effectively use social media for your dental practice to turn those ‘likes’ and shares into revenue.
Here are six ways you can be more successful on social media.
1. Use video. Social media allows you to express your company’s value proposition beyond words and to truly connect with your audience. Rather than just creating posts with text and copy, try to incorporate video as much as possible. Your posts aren’t only more appealing, you’re also building a relationship with your followers. You can easily take a video with your cellphone and post it on your social media profiles. Or, could hire a videographer to make a professional video or commercial to promote your dental practice.
2. Interact with your visitors. When social media first started, it really only allowed users to create a profile and befriend other users to keep in contact with old friends/contacts. Businesses started to engage in social as it became a predominant form of communication by posting company updates and products. Now, social media gives you the opportunity to truly engage and interact with your customers on all levels. You definitely want to make sure that you respond to all comments from your followers.
3. Reward your patients. I am always surprised that most dentists don’t run promotions. Last month I was reading about a successful dental practice. One thing this dentist did consistently was run frequent promotions. For example, they had no show promotion. One of the problems is patients not showing up for appointments. This dentist provides every client that showed up for the appointment with a $5 Tim Horton's gift card. There are so many creative promotions that you can run every month. Through social media, you can not only run promotions more frequently than coupons in the mail, but it also allows you to create more engaging campaigns. For example, a popular campaign often runs on Facebook, is when companies ask users to like and share their content for a chance to win. Check out this blog from HubSpot to see other examples of creative social media campaigns. You could easily implement a similar strategy for your dental practice. Or you could keep it simple and have an easy refer a friend promotion. For example, an existing patient can refer a family or friend and their name will get entered into a draw for a prize.
4. Post frequently. You can accomplish this by consistently sharing content. Post content on a frequent basis. It’s important to post on your pages on a consistent and frequent basis (approximately two times a week). Finding content to post on social media can be very time-consuming. We help our dentist clients solve this problem by creating content for them on a monthly bases. Need help creating content for your social media profiles? Contact us to find out how we can help you.
5. Leverage your content.
Make every piece of content you create work hard for you. One of the best ways to do it is to put it into more than one format. For example, your content could be an article, a top-10 list, an infographic, or a PowerPoint deck. Your PowerPoint deck can also become a video on YouTube which you would then embed on your site. You could also share the PowerPoint deck on popular sharing sites like SlideShare, owned by LinkedIn, which has very convenient sharing buttons for all of the major social networks. If you are having trouble coming up with content ideas, you could use a search engine called “ https://answerthepublic.com/ “ to help you find the top questions people are searching for. When you review the list you can start creating your content.
6. Create a publishing schedule.
Once you leverage your content, schedule it. You obviously can’t publish leveraged content on the same topic back to back, but you can use your blog scheduler to set the date and time in advance and, for example, publish one each month for several months. We help our clients with this problem by providing a scheduling platform they can use to schedule content to all the social media platforms. Contact us today to find out how we can help you with your online marketing strategy.
Are you looking to implement social media into your marketing plan? Or maybe you have social channels that need a refresh. Contact us today, we’re here to help.